Labeling automated build

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Hello, first of all, this component has been very helpful.

My only question/complaint, is once I implemented this it changed my TFS source control Label names from "MyBuild Nightly_20121113.1" to "104" (TFS's internal build number).

I would like it to use the same version that I'm using for everything else.  Either "MyBuild Nightly_0.58.0.4" or just simply "0.58.0.4".  

Is this easy to accomplish?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM
There is an easy fix for this.

One of the discussion points shows how to do this. (I am sorry that I don't have a link for it right now.)
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:22 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Labeling automated build [VersionedTFSBuild:403109]

Hello, first of all, this component has been very helpful.

My only question/complaint, is once I implemented this it changed my TFS source control Label names from "MyBuild Nightly_20121113.1" to "104" (TFS's internal build number).

I would like it to use the same version that I'm using for everything else. Either "MyBuild Nightly_0.58.0.4" or just simply "0.58.0.4".

Is this easy to accomplish?

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online<http://versionedtfsbuild.codeplex.com/discussions/403109#post941313>.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed]<mailto:[email removed]?subject=[VersionedTFSBuild:403109]>)

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]<mailto:[email removed]>

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings<https://versionedtfsbuild.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The information transmitted by this e-mail and any included
attachments are from ARUP Laboratories and are intended only for the
recipient. The information contained in this message is confidential
and may constitute inside or non-public information under
international, federal, or state securities laws, or protected health
information and is intended only for the use of the recipient.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or use of
such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
are not the intended recipient, please promptly delete this e-mail
and notify the sender of the delivery error or you may call ARUP
Laboratories Compliance Hot Line in Salt Lake City, Utah USA at (+1
(800) 522-2787 ext. 2100
Nov 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I can't seem to find the information you're referring to.  

There is mention of the drop location in another discussion, but the fix for that was to place it in the workflow after the Version number has been determined (which you fixed in your most recent release).  My drop location gets the correct name, and the Label occurs immediately after the drop location is created, so the version has been determined by that time.  The default variable value for LabelName is BuildDetail.BuildNumber, but this is the same as it was before when it worked correctly with the DefaultTemplate.xaml (when it created labels like: MyBuild Nightly_20121113.1).

Thanks